Turkey Corona Virus Update January 2021
Requirements to enter Turkey
Turkey’s international land, sea and air borders are open to foreign travelers who meet Turkish immigration rules.
Commercial flights are operating, subject to coordination with the Ministry of Health. Contact your airline for the latest information on the status of your flight.
- Beginning December 30, 2020 all international arrivals age 6 years and older are required to have taken a COVID-19 PCR test with a negative result within 72 hours prior to their flight. Passengers must submit their test results to the airline at the time of check-in. Passengers failing to submit a negative PCR test will not be permitted to board the flight to Turkey. This requirement will remain in effect until March 1, 2021.
- Travelers who have arrived in Turkey from the UK, Denmark and South Africa in the past 10 days will also be required to quarantine where they are staying. If the second test, which will be done on day 7 of their quarantine, is negative, their quarantine will be over.
- Effective Dec 21, all flights to and from the UK, Denmark, and South Africa have been temporarily suspended.
- Check to see if you require a visa before traveling to Turkey, and apply online here.
- All visa applicants are required to have medical insurance that will be valid during their stay in Turkey.
What to expect while traveling around Turkey
The Turkish Government has introduced measures to limit the spread of COVID-19, and further restrictions may be reintroduced with little notice.
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask at all times outside the home throughout Turkey
- Curfews are in place for Turkish citizens and residents. These do not apply to foreign visitors.
- Turkey is made up of 81 provinces, and each province may have different rules in place. Before crossing district or province borders, check for the latest updates.
- There are capacity limits on public transport to make sure passengers follow social distancing guidelines
- Turkish citizens and residents must obtain an HES (Hayat Eve Sığar) code for international and domestic travel, including flights, train and ferry travel. This does not apply to non-Turkish nationals. For more information, read about the HES system.
Keep up to date Eskapas Help Center before traveling and while you are there, as the situation is changing fast.