Turkish Government’s policies to prevent the spread of the coronavirus
Measures Taken at the port of entry:
- Thermal scanning for all incoming passengers and further health check and treatment for those who display symptoms of coronavirus.
- Health infrastructure to contain the spread of the Virus
- Turkey says it has developed its own testing kit, which it is exporting to other countries, to get faster results (90 min instead of 24 hours waiting period). Health Minister Fahrettin Koca has said Turkey used a combination of its own kit and the global PRC method for testing.
- The Government has said that all 81 of Turkey’s provinces are geared up to handle a potential outbreak and that it has set up seven test centres across the country.
What Can You Do If You Experience Symptoms while in Turkey?
The first thing you should do if you feel unwell and suspect you may have COVID-19 is pick up the phone and call the local emergency helplines. Public transport should be avoided at all costs to avoid spreading the virus further.
- General Emergency Helpline: 112
- Ambulance: 144
Turkey has set up test centres and quarantine facilities across the country, which the emergency helplines will be able to guide you towards.
All international passengers are being screened with a thermal camera. Those displaying signs of a temperature will then be referred to a medical adviser.