Self-Drive Tours and Road Trips
Self-Drive Tours : There is something about a self-drive holiday that makes us feel alive. An element of freedom, a sense of adventure. Perhaps it’s the fantastic thought of being in charge of your day, or the pure bliss of a new destination unfolding before your eyes. We are experts in putting together tailor-made tours based on your unique requirements. Our tour packages may include a rental car, driving itinerary with detailed directions, accommodation and activity recommendations.
Self Drive Tours and Road Trips
Assistance during your road trip adventure
There are many advantages to getting professional assistance while planning your trip to Turkey and Greece. Eskapas has already developed the most convenient itineraries within appropriate time frame and best budget possible. You can get local guides to save time in destinations like Cappadocia, Ephesus, Antalya, Trabzon, or Istanbul to put more in one day so you can continue to explore on your own to the off the beaten, or vice versa.
Each trip can be personalized to fit your needs, allowing you to enjoy your customized trip without the stress and hassle of planning, researching, and booking the trip yourself. No two self drive tours are the same – we customize each trip based on your preferences and budget, so the prices and itineraries listed below may vary from your final trip. Our independent Turkey or Greece self-drive tours packages will give you the freedom to explore history-steeped market towns, idyllic villages, and the glorious historical sites of Turkey and Greece by car. Why not enjoy a luxury stay in a fabulous manor, stylish country house in Greece or luxury cave hotel in Cappadocia? Our basic accommodation is selected for their superior service, warm and friendly staff, superb locations and fine cuisine (Usually first class and guess what you can upgrade it) . As our guest, you can be confident that we will custom-design your itinerary with delightful and very special accommodations. If you would like to stay at an unusual off the beaten track hotel please ask. We will be happy to plan any itinerary for you, the way you want it.
Self Drive Tours Include:
- Self-drive car with unlimited mileage and tax with CDW car insurance.(Quotes are given based on mini compact car with automatic gear, economic Renault Clio or similar and can be upgraded)
- Arrival airport transfer
- First class / 4**** accommodations with private bath.
- A booklet with addresses and phone numbers is included with your travel documents. Choose some from each category for maximum flexibility. We will reserve them all before you go. Stay for any number of nights at any property.
- Full hearty open-buffet breakfast is served each day.
- Value-Added Tax (V.A.T.) and service charges.
Important Notes on Car Rental Conditions:
- A credit or debit card will be requested at the time of picking up the vehicle and will be used for the security deposit (prepaid cards are not accepted). All highways, bridges fees will be debited from your card. All traffic fines will be debited from your card.
- You must be at least 21 years old for renting a vehicle with 3 years of driver license (25 years old in some categories). There are no maximum age restrictions.
- For the second driver additional insurance must be issued.
Best Routes for Road Trips
Best Road Trips in Greece
Peloponnese is one fantastic place, with many contrasts. It has a beautiful mainland with mountains, rivers, waterfall, gorges and even ski centres! But also has an amazing coast with lovely beaches and great history!
- 1rdcategory: Epidavros theatre – Nafplio – Mycenae and Tiryns – Mystras –Areopoli- Methoni- Archaia Olympia
- 2nd category: Kardamyli – Koroni – Temple of Apollo Epicurus at Bassae – Voidokilia- Monemvasia – Ancient Messini
- 3rd category: Ermioni – Porto Cheli – Pylos – Cave Dirou – Cape Tainaro – Mani in Lakonia – Neda – Polylimnio Waterfalls – Gerolimenas
Central Greece and Northern Greece
We can find the 2nd part of our road trip around Northern and Western Greece and the 3rd part around Central Greece. Here we would recommend a route from Athens which covers the main highlights of central and Northern Greece.
- 1st category: Delphi, Pelion, Plastira Lake, Meteora, Metsovo, Parga
- 2nd category: Arachova Village, Nikopolis, Ioannina (old town), Sivota (beautiful beaches), Acherontas river
- 3rd category: Pelion villages, Nekromanteion Acheron, Nafpaktos, Missolonghi, Lefkas island (amazing beaches!)
West and North Greece
This route will begin from Thessaloniki, but obviously, you can add any other starting point that you like. Or you add this route to any other road trip route that has already selected, like the Central Greece road trip route.
- 1st category: Thessaloniki, Vergina, Kastoria, Prespa National Park (Agios Germanos), Edessa waterfalls+old town, Pozar Thermal baths
- 2nd category: Nymfaio village, Florina, Vineyards in Naousa or Florina
- 3rd category: Agios Nikolaos Park in Naousa, Agios Athanasios village
The main route (category 1) includes some of the most beautiful mainland places in Greece. Vergina is an absolute must-see and one of the most important archaeological sites in Greece! The tomb of King Philippe the Second, the father of Alexander the Great, was found there, as well as the gold urn with his bones.
Of course, this post wouldn’t be complete if we didn’t include a road trip on an island! Crete is a unique and large island where you can visit gorges, mountains, traditional villages and amazing beaches! So, the itinerary that we recommend starts from Heraklion and includes:
- 1st Category: Heraklion – Elounda (Spinalonga) – Ierapetra – Phaestos Palace – Sfakia Chora – Chania
- 2nd category: Sitia – Zakros – Matala – Agia Galini – Hora Sfakia – Samaria Gorge – Elafonisi – Balos beach
- 3rd category: Zakros Gorge – Chryssi island – Gortyn site – Loutro village – Gavdos island – Kedrodasos
Best Road Trips in Turkey
- 1st Category: Istanbul – Çanakkale – Bursa – Istanbul
- 2nd category: Istanbul – Çanakkale – Pergamon – İzmir – Kuşadası – Ephesus
- 3rd category: Istanbul – Pamukkale – Ephesus – İzmir – Çanakkale – Bursa – İstanbul
Central and Southern Regions
- 1st Category: Istanbul – Ankara – Cappadocia
- 2nd category: Istanbul – Ankara – Cappadocia – Konya – Antalya
Central and Western Anatolia
- 1st Category: Istanbul – Ankara – Cappadocia – Konya – Pamukkale – Ephesus – İzmir
- 2nd category: Istanbul – Ankara – Cappadocia – Konya – Pamukkale – Ephesus – İzmir – Çanakkale – İstanbul
- 3rd category: Istanbul – Ankara – Cappadocia – Konya – Pamukkale – Ephesus – İzmir – Çanakkale – Bursa – İstanbul
Related Readings on Self-Drive Tours: